May 23, 2009

ROLDA dream -part1 -

The begining



Probably every person lives for a mission or follows a dream. My dream was to build a shelter for homeless animals, which seemed excessively idealistic, especially in the Romanian circumstances, but slowly it started to become a reality.

Until very recently, when I decided to update the ROLDA website, I never took the time to look back on how everything started. Time is always short, and I always have lots of projects and ideas that keep me looking ahead.

My initial idea to build a shelter came after seeing constantly so many animals suffering. Just in the city of Galati, where I was born and have always lived, there are believed to be from 15,000 to 18,000 dogs and cats living in the streets.

I used to have a German Shepherd named "Printz," whom I will love eternally. He died somehow unexpectedly and this rushed my plans a bit. I had an emotionally difficult time trying to full the empty place Printz left behind. This is when I began putting the pieces together to building the first ROLDA shelter for strays, based on what I had seen on TV from other countries.

I began to contact organizations from different countries, asking advice and for plans for kennel building. This is how I met Veronica T. (she became, shortly after, the ROLDA representative in the U.K.), Beatrice W. and others, most of these wonderful people still being ROLDA supporters.

No comments:

Post a Comment